Looking for a Career in Football?
Edinburgh City Football Club
SPFL Club – League 2
Effectively a start-up from a commercial perspective, Edinburgh City Football Club has an exciting opportunity for a new Commercial Manager/Director.
This Full-Time role, based in Edinburgh, will require a dynamic, self-motivated, and confident individual who is looking for a gateway to a career within professional Football.
Job Title: Commercial Manager/Director.
Reporting: to The Board
Main Objective: To grow the Club whilst creating, implementing, and developing the commercial opportunities and revenue streams of the Football Club.
- To create and implement a fit for purpose Commercial Strategy.
- To generate income for the Club through sponsorship sales including match day sponsorships, and corporate hospitality.
- Managing the full life cycle of sales, from lead generation straight through to negotiation and close.
- Ongoing support with the engagement with stakeholders.
- Support the team with maintaining ongoing customer service standards.
- To undertake commercial activities as directed by the board with a view to increasing revenue streams.
- To prepare reports on commercial activities and projections.
- University Graduate 2:1 in related degree subject
- Track record of success in related position
- Sales and marketing experience.
- Experience of providing customer service to clients and stakeholders.
Personal Qualities / Skills:
- Must display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to varying working weeks in the demands of the role.
- Dynamic, hard-working & enthusiastic.
- Self-starter and can-do attitude.
- Ability to sell products and services.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths, weaknesses, and areas to learn and demonstrates a flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Meticulous attention to detail and take responsibility for a high quality of work.
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills.
- Computer literate at Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Remuneration: Salary DOE + Performance Related Bonus
Candidates should apply by sending their CV by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 25th August 2021