We Are Hiring!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapist to join Edinburgh City FC.
Based in Edinburgh and reporting to the First Team Manager, Edinburgh City Football Club are looking to appoint a Part-Time, Head Physiotherapist. The successful candidate will, preferably, have experience in football, or in sport, and work well as an individual and also part of a team.
Please see the job description below.
Candidates should apply by sending a covering letter and CV by email to email@example.com (James McDonaugh, Sporting Director). Applications should be submitted no later than 14 June 2021.
Job Title: Head Physiotherapist
Line Manager: First Team Manager
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with experience; benefits will include supply of Club training kit and leisure wear.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To Assess, Treat and Rehabilitate all Edinburgh City FC players within the Men’s First Team Squad whilst providing additional support and advice to the Development and Youth Players.
- Assessment and treatment of First Team Players.
- Work with backroom staff, including sports scientists and sport therapists to guide players return to play.
- Monitor, record and update Manager on players injuries and guide players return to play.
- Provide comprehensive rehab/prehab programmes to players as required.
- Ensure medical equipment and supplies are up to date.
- First point of contact for all players regarding any medical issues.
Qualifications/ Registrations/ Memberships
- Either BSc / MSc in Physiotherapy
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Full member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Current valid Sports First Aid certificate such as the National Sports First Aid Certificate provided by the Hampden Sports Clinic or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a professional sport environment.
- Experience of having worked in elite football.
- At least one year post qualification practice in an elite sports environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Personal Qualities/ Skills
- Must display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to accurately manage data.
- Flexibility to adapt to varying working weeks in the demands of the role.
- Dynamic, hard-working & enthusiastic.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths, weaknesses, and areas to learn and demonstrates a flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Meticulous attention to detail and take responsibility for a high quality of work.
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills.