We Are Hiring!
Edinburgh City Football Club has an exciting opportunity for a new Head Sport Scientist.
The successful candidate will lead on both on-field and off-field Sport Science support, including the development of Strength and Conditioning programmes for all our First Team players. This Part-Time role, based in Edinburgh, will require a motivated and confident individual who has experience in High Performance Sport and works well as part of a team.
Please see the job description below. Candidates should apply by sending a covering letter and CV by email to email@example.com (James McDonaugh, Sporting Director). Applications should be submitted no later than 29 June 2021.
- Design and deliver the physical conditioning programme for the First Team playing squad aiming to develop physical qualities required for professional football.
- Lead the sports science support to the players on both training days and match days, including warm ups and conditioning sessions and implementing an agreed nutritional plan.
- Work co-operatively with backroom staff, including physiotherapists and sport therapists to guide players return to play.
- Lead the sports science provision in line with the clubs strategic goals – enhance training availability as well as improve individual and collective athletic performance.
- Assist Physio to provide and implement comprehensive rehabilitation/prehabilitation programmes to players as required.
- Provide detailed support to the Manager, using data from GPS data to inform and manage training and matchday loads.
Qualifications/ Registration / Memberships
- Undergraduate and/or Post-graduate qualification in Sports and Exercise Science/Strength & Conditioning or another relevant field.
- Working towards, or successfully obtained Strength & Conditioning certification, e.g. UKSCA, NSCA, ASCA or other.
- Experience of working in high performance elite sports science/S&C/physical performance
- Experience of having worked in elite football.
- First Aid qualified.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Personal Qualities/ Skills
- Must display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to accurately manage data.
- Flexibility to adapt to varying working weeks in the demands of the role.
- Dynamic, hard-working & enthusiastic.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths, weaknesses, and areas to learn and demonstrates a flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Meticulous attention to detail and take responsibility for a high quality of work.
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with experience; benefits will include supply of Club training kit and leisure wear.