We Are Hiring!
Edinburgh City Football Club has an exciting opportunity for a new Sports Therapist.
The successful candidate will be an important member of the First Team backroom staff and provide maintenance and rehabilitation massage on training nights and match days. This Part-Time role, based in Edinburgh, will require a motivated and confident individual who has experience in High Performance Sport and works well as part of a team.
Please see the job description below. Candidates should apply by sending their CV by email to James McDonaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sporting Director.
Applications should be submitted no later than 2 August 2021.
Job Title: Sports Therapist
Line Manager: First Team Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job: To provide support to the First Team players by providing maintenance and rehabilitation massage on training nights and match days.
- Work alongside Head Physiotherapist, assisting in providing care for the recovery and rehab of First Team players.
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation massage on both training nights and match days.
- Work together with Head Physiotherapist and Head Sports Scientist for injury prevention and rehabilitation and provide players with injury prevention programmes.
Qualifications/ Registration / Memberships
- HND in Sports Therapy
- Additional massage courses such as Trigger Point Therapy, Cupping Therapy and Kinesiology Taping.
- Experience of working in high performance elite sports.
- Experience of having worked in elite football.
- First Aid qualified.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Personal Qualities/ Skills:
- Must display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to varying working weeks in the demands of the role.
- Dynamic, hard-working & enthusiastic.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths, weaknesses, and areas to learn and demonstrates a flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Meticulous attention to detail and take responsibility for a high quality of work.
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with experience; benefits will include supply of Club training kit and leisure wear.